Friday, March 12, 2010

What Brande is doing now

I know I have not written in some time, so here is a huge update for you on what Brande is doing in my life and for others. http://www.etsy.com/shop/MemoryJewelry

Phillip and I took the boys (Myles and Reece) to Chicago on an Amtrak train one week before Christmas. We returned home on Christmas Eve. First I did not want to be home for Christmas because Brande would not be there for the first time in 20 years. Wow, what a punch in the stomach. So we decided to take the boys for snow and go to my haven in Chicago at our dear friend Paul's home where I love to hide with my family. Brande loved Paul so much and we always had a great time there. While there I called Brande's heart recipient Barbara Larson in Phelps WI. She was not doing so well. Going through a bit of depression and not understanding why God left her here I believe. She was worried I would hate her because she carries the heart of my 20 year old child. Bless her. I told her I did not care if she was one hundred and two, that if Brande gave her only one day then she accomplished what she sat out to do in life and that was to help others. After talking to Barbara I found that her dad was in the hospital in Indiana only 16 miles from Paul's home. My husband drove me there where I met her father Michael and her sister who was visiting her dad at the time. They would not let the boys in the rooms because of the N1S1 or swine flu so my hubby and kids did not get to meet them. They waited patiently for an hour or better while i got to visit and find out that it was in fact Barbara's birthday. When we returned to Paul's home I called her and wished her a happy Birthday. She told me she did not want to tell me because she knew Brande just had one in Nov. Well now she has many I said. Brande has more than one now and that is a great accomplishment in my book. Her Hearts birthday is now is April 24, and December 22. How about that. We talked for some time and she promised to make me an angel food cake when we travel to meet her in June 2010.


I am happy to say that I am working through my grief. It is hard to miss someone so much sometimes but the friends who love and support me and Brande are precious to my and my life. I did a documentary for Donate Life telling Brande's story on KTBS news on Jan 24,th 2010. I was interviewed by Sonia Bailes and assisted by Sheron Raymond from LOPA. Here is the web sight if you would like to watch the video.
http://www.ktbs.com/player/?video_id=24894&zone=1&categories=1
Please send this on to anyone you know.

Next, I gave up red wine for 40 days of lent. I did not do so good with other things, but one thing at a time I say. I am truly proud for making the adjustment and knowing God can give me strength.

I also went to Christus Shumpert hospital on Valentines day (2/14/2010) to speak for Duane Ebarb and his group of cancer survivors. What an awesome group to speak to . They had so many questions about organ donation and took lots of literature to share with family and friends on the importance of organ donation.

Then on Saturday March 6Th I went to Sci Port science and education center in Shreveport, LA to a health and science fair where I shared information on organ donation and the importance of donation for families of organ donors and recipients too. I also met the director of the lions Eye Bank of Shreveport LA who was awesome and has agreed to try to locate the people or person who has Brande's eyes. I met people from life share blood center, gave blood and received an angel donor mug in honor of Brande who gave blood the first time on her 17Th birthday. What an awesome day for me.

1 comment: